Troubleshooting IPsec VPNs¶
Due to the finicky nature of IPsec it is not unusual for trouble to arise with tunnels when creating them initially or over time.
Follow the troubleshooting advice in this section to diagnose and solve most common problems with IPsec tunnels on pfSense® software.
- Troubleshooting IPsec Connections
- IPsec connection names
- Manually connect IPsec from the shell
- Tunnel does not establish
- “Random” tunnel disconnects/DPD failures on low-end routers
- Tunnels establish and work but fail to renegotiate
- DPD is unsupported and one side drops while the other remains
- Tunnel establishes when initiating but not when responding
- Tunnel establishes at start but not when disconnected
- Tunnel stops attempting connections after timeout
- Troubleshooting IPsec Traffic
- Troubleshooting IPsec Logs
- Troubleshooting Duplicate IPsec SA Entries