Backup and Restore¶
Backups are a key element for most computing devices. Using a backup, a failed pfSense® device can be up and running in only a few moments.
pfSense stores all of its settings in a central configuration file,
config.xml. A backup of this file can easily be used to restore pfSense to
a working state.
- Backing Up and Restoring a pfSense Configuration File
- Using the AutoConfigBackup Service
- Automatically Restore a pfSense Configuration During Installation
- Password Storage Security Policies
- Performing a Remote Backup of a pfSense Configuration
- Restoring a pfSense Configuration to a Different Version