Interfaces allow pfSense to communicate with networks. There are numerous types of interfaces that employ different protocols or connections methods to obtain connectivity between the firewall and other networks
These articles are about general interface options and concepts.
Types of Interfaces¶
These articles describe various interface types that can be used in pfSense.
General Interface Topics¶
These are other miscellaneous topics related to Interfaces.
- Checking the Uptime of a PPPoE WAN Connection
- Limitations of PPTP WAN Interfaces
- Multi-Link PPP (MP/MLPPP)
- Forcing Interface Speed or Duplex Settings
- Using Public IP Addresses on an Interface
- Mixing Public and Private IP Addresses on an Interface
- Using IPv6 with a Tunnel Broker
- Migrating an Assigned LAN to LAGG
- Controlling IPv6 or IPv4 Preference
- Tuning Network Memory Buffers (mbufs)
- Using a Large Number of Interfaces
- Accessing modem from inside firewall
- Troubleshooting Low Interface Throughput
- Troubleshooting NAT Devices Reaching Bridged Interface Devices