Getting Started with pfSense Software Development¶
There is no single specific starting point for joining the pfSense development effort, but the following items are helpful in getting started:
- Review the Developer Style Guide
- Become familiar with the pfSense git
github in general):
- Current repositories used for developing pfSense and its
- pfSense - The main source repository for pfSense, containing the GUI code, builder code, and related scripts.
- FreeBSD-src - The OS source code used to build pfSense
- FreeBSD-ports - Build information for supporting software used in pfSense, and code for some of our custom programs/daemons/modules and packages
- Older repositories which are not used for current/new development:
- Current repositories used for developing pfSense and its dependencies:
- Review the list of open bug reports and other issues.
- Submit changes as pull requests on github.
Our developers will review the submissions, offer feedback, and merge the changes if they are acceptable.