- Firewalling Fundamentals
- Ingress Filtering
- Egress Filtering
- Introduction to the Firewall Rules screen
- Firewall Rule Best Practices
- Rule Methodology
- Configuring firewall rules
- Floating Rules
- Methods of Using Additional Public IP Addresses
- Virtual IP Addresses
- Time Based Rules
- Viewing the Firewall Logs
- How Do I Block access to a Web Site?
- Troubleshooting Firewall Rules
One of the primary functions performed by pfSense is filtering traffic. This chapter covers fundamentals of firewalling, best practices, and required information necessary to configure firewall rules.