Netgate is offering COVID-19 aid for pfSense software users, learn more.
IDS / IPS¶
pfSense® software can act in an Intrusion Detection System (IDS) / Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) role with add-on packages like Snort and Suricata.
The Snort and Suricata packages share many design similarities, so in most cases the instructions for Snort carry over to Suricata with only minor adjustments.
- Configuring the Snort Package
- Snort Alerts
- Snort Blocked Hosts
- Snort Server Definitions
- Snort interface Settings
- Snort interface Global Settings
- Snort Interfaces
- Managing Snort IP Address Lists
- Snort IP Address Reputation Preprocessor
- Snort IP Address Reputation
- Snort Pass Lists
- Snort Rules
- Snort Rulesets
- Snort Suppression Lists
- Updating Snort
- Troubleshooting Snort Rule Updates
For more information or to get help, check out the IDS/IPS category on the Netgate forum.